DFW METRO

DFW METRO
The Team at Luke's Locker

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let's Eat!

"Oh, I am for sure going to get my miles in when I visit my family for sure," haha...like that really ever happens!

Ryan and I went to College Station this weekend to visit my family and to celebrate my cousin's daughter's first birthday. Of course I made sure to pack everything I would need for my normal Saturday run and mapped out the perfect place to execute it.

Well, well, well...what do you honestly think happened? I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning with my TNT game face on, headed out to the course in my hometown and dominated each mile, one by one! Yeah, if only!

We didn't even head out to College Station until around 10am on Saturday morning thanks to our lack of sleep and of course I just loooove running behind from time to time.

The drive home was pretty comedic. It was pouring to the point that I couldn't really tell which lane on the highway I was trying to stay in...so I'm sure you could imagine how slow I was driving. Also, instead of the radio, I learned a lot of small history lessons from Ryan as he was trying to prepare for an important history exam. And last but not least, we made a 3 hour drive a 5 hour drive thanks to our dangerous appetites. We stopped a couple of times for some yummy food on the way home....not just small snacks, good sized meals/snacks.....

....so after all this yummy food in our stomachs, we finally make it to my mom's house. YAY!

Well, for those of you who don't know my mom, or even my family in general, they are the most welcoming, loving, and hospitable people I know. "Here, let me get you this; here, I made you a plate; here, you can have this room to rest; wait, did you get enough to eat..have more; here, i got you an extra blanket....and so on. (but they really like to make sure no one is left hungy)...Ryan and I were basically treated like royalty with delicious home-cooked meals for every meal, and waited on hand and foot.

We probably should have run off some of the fatty-foods we consumed on the drive home, but eh...we fell into a trap on the relaxing recliner. The TV took all of our focus and we did absolutely nothing during our visit....just napping and eating, and more eating, and more eating!!

So..SUNDAY!! Perfect opportunity to get my miles in before going over to Elizabeth's 1st Birthday Celebration....NOPE! Didn't happen. Instead, we just pigged out, enjoyed the party, went back to my mom's, napped, and drove back home.

Could you guess what happened on the drive home?! YOU GOT IT! Fried Okra and Czech Stop! We have to stop! "Let's Eat!!!!!" Oh it was great stuff....

....I'm sure my body is not going to enjoy training next week as it is trying to digest and cope with all the junk I put into it. Guess I'll just have to deal with it...yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones