DFW METRO

DFW METRO
The Team at Luke's Locker

Monday, September 13, 2010

8 down; 97% to go

Last weekend was the eight mile mark! UH OH!! Talk about a hard run for Miss Kristi!!! To unfortunate situations, I had missed the previous two weeks of group trainings which both consisted of a nice and friendly six mile run.

Of course life happens causing you to miss things here and there, but boy oh boy! An eight mile run sure was tough after being a huge slacker at training...eeeeeeek. Not only was I still getting over a cold, but the weather sure didn't help any! Humid, humid, humid...oh did I mention?-Humid?!

Sooo...I finally completed my eight miles and felt just dandy...until of course I bent over to touch my toes. As soon as I stood up, I got a little dizzy! OOOPS! YaY for TNT providing snacks.....apparently I was low on protein and potassium! After downing a few yummy treats, I hopped in the car so I can head home for a nice nap before work.

Getting out of bed was the most difficult thing I have had to do in a long time. My entire body felt like someone had beat it with a stick..haha. All throughout the night at work, I was literally walking around like an 89-yr-old who was desperately in need of a hip replacement...and wait a minute...this was only after eight miles...ooh geeez...never again am I getting sick or too busy to train!

At least we are up to eight miles...ten miles next week! YES!

BUT, the sad news is...I am doing a horrible job at fundraising! I only have 3% in my account so far and I'm really nervous that I'm not going to make it. :/ Hopefully I can hop on it and make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones